Welcome to the Criminal Justice and Criminology Department!
Criminal justice and criminology is a fast-growing field where students can explore the functions of, and interactions among, police, courts, and corrections systems. Class offerings are a varied blend of theoretical examination and practical application, ranging from human behavior and social structure to management principles and supervisory skills. The Criminal Justice and Criminology Department recognizes that each of us is a teacher as well as a student. It operates as a diverse community that embodies passion, commitment, civility, integrity, and mutual respect. The CJC faculty and staff provide opportunities for collaboration, renewal, and scholarship in academic preparation for responsible, equitable and moral administration of justice.
The CJC faculty are committed to leadership in the community and to examination and assessment of the criminal justice paradigm. See Criminal Justice and Criminology for general information on the department.
From fall 2018 semester, the CJC department houses the B.S. in Cybersecurity major. The B.S. in Cybersecurity is a social science based B.S. major, providing students with the knowledge and practical skills of computer crime, information systems solutions, proper seizure and recovery of comput-er evidence. For more information, see here.
Welcome to Fall 2018!
- All faculty members and staff welcome you to a wonderful new semester. Feel free to stop by the department when you have any questions and/or concerns!
Study Abroad in South Korea
- If you are interested in learning other culture and criminal justice system, you may want to consider registering for one of our Study Abroad programs. See Study Abroad in South Korea_Fall 2018 for details.
Spring 2018 CJC Newsletter
- CJC Newsletter for Spring 2018 is out! Please find the attached file for the exciting news announcements of our department. Newsletter_Spring 2018
Of the People
- A new student group is looking for officers and members to "put unity back into community." See Of the People for details and contact email@example.com for any questions.
- See attached flyer of Rapid City Police Department. Rapid City Police Department
- Denver Sheriff's Department is hiring! More information can be found in the attached file.
- Check here for other opportunities.
CJC is on Facebook! "Like" us at: