International Business Major, B.S.
Bachelor of Science
Consider these numbers:
- International trade has created more than 121,000 jobs in Colorado.
- More than 83,000 Colorado jobs are at internationally owned companies.
- 132 Colorado companies have overseas operations in 88 countries.
As a student in Metropolitan State University of Denver’s International Business program, you will acquire the knowledge, skills and experience to take your place in this dynamic sector — in Colorado and beyond.
At MSU Denver’s AACSB-accredited College of Business, you will study the functional areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing and management, plus you will gain an appreciation for other cultures and acquire global experience through an international business internship, business-related study abroad or foreign language coursework.
Classes are small at MSU Denver, so you will have ample opportunity to get to know your professors, who have both real-world and academic experience. They will not only provide insight into the global marketplace but can also help guide you toward international experiences that will make your education come to life.
The MSU Denver Management Department in the College of Business offers a number of internationally focused programs from which to choose:
International Business Concentration – for business majors who would like to add an international focus to their program
Minor in International Business – for non-business majors who want to augment their program with international business studies
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
The Management Department at MSU Denver emphasizes applied learning, which means you will have ample opportunity to prepare for a career while earning your bachelor’s degree in International Business.
- Take advantage of an internship at a company located in another country.
- Study abroad in a business-related program in Costa Rica, China, Europe, Southeast Asia and other countries that are available through the partnerships the College of Business has with foreign universities.
- Choose to gain experience with a foreign language.
- Take Strategic Management as your B.S. in International Business senior capstone course and apply strategic management concepts and business knowledge to challenges faced by domestic and international organizations.
Career Opportunities for Our Graduates
The bachelor’s degree program in International Business at MSU Denver offers you an enormous range of ways for you to leverage your degree.
These are some job titles you might qualify for with your MSU Denver International Business degree:
- Import/exports management
- International loan officer
- Global marketing manager
- Foreign investment advising
- Global operations management
- Supply chain management
- International trade specialist
- International economist
Learn more about MSU Denver College of Business faculty.
In addition to general business courses, you will also take classes specific to International Business such as:
Facilities and Resources
MSU Denver is located walking distance from Denver’s downtown business district, Colorado’s Capitol and the city’s World Trade Center, a hub for international business in the West.
MSU Denver’s College of Business is among the world’s 5 percent of business programs to be AACSB-accredited.
Not only do many employers look for students who have graduated from AACSB-accredited business programs, but graduates from AACSB-accredited programs also tend to command higher salaries and have greater success entering top graduate schools.